Monday, May 17, 2010

NBA: Where Amazing Commercials Happen

Company: NBA
Aired: April-May 2010
Channel: ESPN, TNT & ABC
Appeal: Positive, Endorsement


It’s that time of year again… the NBA playoffs are underway. To me, the only time better than this is Christmas; so when I first saw these ads a couple weeks ago I got really excited! The NBA advertising team annually create a new line of commercials to promote the seemingly never ending saga that is the NBA Playoffs. 2010’s theme is to use sound bytes from players and coaches post game interviews to create a rap. A fairly original idea I have never come across in advertising which may be difficult for you to grasp until you watch one. I’ve seen about a five to six different ones on TV but many more are available online. These are my favorite ones. Enjoy!

">

">

Any true basketball fan has to love this commercial. With popular players like Kobe Bryant and Lebron James, your attention is immediately drawn in. It not only appeals to die hard NBA fans but also has the hip hop sound that can captivate many young viewers.

No comments:

Post a Comment